Tratec won a long-term frame agreement with Maersk Drilling for drilling equipment overhaul and yard stay of their 4 R-rigs:
- Maersk Resolute (2012, Esbjerg, Denmark)
- Maersk Resilient (2013, Invergordon, UK)
- Maersk Resolve (2014, Esbjerg, Denmark)
- Maersk Reacher (2015, offshore North Sea)
The client’s challenge was to significantly reduce the yard stay time from the traditional 45-60 days common at the time.
Tratec's scope of work was 5-year overhaul and test at our workshop, followed by and efficient exchange and commissioning of the MHWirth drilling equipment package during yard stay.
The equipment list included DDM, dolly, roughneck, bridge crane, access basket, lower guide arm, eagle light, mouseholes, pipehandler crane, crown, travelling block and BOP carrier.
Tratec used its in-depth knowledge and experience within MHWirth drilling equipment, workshop overhaul, access to original parts, and efficient yard stay project execution model.
- Major yard stay time savings. Maersk Resilient completed on 23 days, and Maersk Resolve yard stay was finalized by Tratec within 21 days.
- 5-year overhaul with original parts supplied at solid cost savings for client.
- The R-rigs have since delivered very strong operational results.
- Client was highly satisfied with Tratec’s quality, flexibility, and efficient solutions.
Tratec is an independent supplier of drilling equipment overhaul, SPS, and parts. Tratec is neither a licensee, nor is affiliated with any of the named original equipment manufacturers (OEM). The manufacturer’s names or trademarks used herein are solely for identification purposes, and are not intended by Tratec to cause confusion as to the source, sponsorship, or quality of the parts supplied by Tratec. The original equipment manufacturers named above and throughout this website do not sponsor, promote, warranty or endorse Tratec’s supply of parts.